Consumer PR: Our Agency Connects Brands to the World
Effective Public Relations Starts With The Right Agency
Though consumer tastes are always evolving, brands’ expectations remain similar – they want to reach their audience as effectively as possible. Today, audiences do not want to be force fed information from brands. Rather, they want to build lasting connections with them through products, experiences, and communication. It’s through their experiences with brands that trust and loyalty is built. Communications teams have a crucial role to play in this, ensuring that all communication is carefully managed and that reputation and brand affinity are strengthened – through good times and bad.
The Mutant Way
With over a decade of experience working with top consumer and consumer-tech brands, Mutant has developed strategies to help brands achieve their communications goals by consistently engaging with their target audience. Whether we engage with media, influencers, or KOLs, we focus on building experiences that offer value and excitement to help create authentic and dynamic content. Whether it is using data and insights or building award-winning creative concepts, our agency can grab the right headlines to help you achieve your business goals.
What sets Mutant apart is that we focus on building a strong partnership with our clients and digging deep to understand core business opportunities and challenges. This is the key to crafting communications strategies and PR messaging that not only clicks with your target audience, but also has a measurable impact on your business.
We have worked across multiple industries with brands such as Bumble, Disney, Lazada, Shopee, Logitech, Subway, Rockstar Games, and Singapore Sports Hub.
Within the consumer space, our agency has done PR work across the following sectors:
- Food & Beverage
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
- Retail & eCommerce
Our Case Studies
- PR-led retainer for Singapore across all product categories: Collaboration & Productivity, Gaming, and Logitech For Creators
- Position Logitech as the leading consumer technology brand in Singapore for lifestyle, productivity, and gaming needs, including driving creative hero campaigns for product launches, building and maintaining key media relationships, and crafting unique pitches.
- Over 100 coverage hits secured in 2022 (~6 months) across online, social, print, and broadcast publications.
- Planned and executed Logitech’s first media event since the pandemic, resulting in 25+ stories across top-tier online and social consumer tech titles, including HardwareZone, IGN SEA, U-Weekly, The Smart Local, and AsiaOne, with a total reach of 8M+ impressions.
- Established key media relationships with top influencers in lifestyle, gaming, and tech spaces, including local artists (@tobyato), livestreamers (@supercatkei, @tanggoz_), and esports personalities (@victoriacheng, @heythomask), opening new opportunities for future brand and product collaborations.
- Resulted in partnership with the local Twitch livestreaming community, co-hosting Singapore’s first-ever Twitch community event as a key partner. The event attracted 140 participants, with tickets selling out in four days.
- Crafted unique feature pitches such as customised holiday gift guides (e.g. gifts for your partners, your office gift exchanges), resulting in an exclusive feature with Bandwagon, a top-tier regional publication covering music, lifestyle, and pop culture news.
- Our agency also facilitated a social media giveaway for Logitech’s G502X gaming mice with Bandwagon, which drove follower growth and achieved more than 60 entries in a span of five days.
- Mutant secured 11 pieces of coverage from the dissemination of the 9.9 press release and lifestyle pitches, garnering a reach of over 12.03 million people.
- Through the experiential media drops, Mutant secured a total of 92 pieces of coverage across Instagram and TikTok, reaching over 2.48 million people.
- Mutant landed 21 pieces of coverage and four interviews with Tier-1 media, including The Straits Times, Capital 95.8FM, and TODAY, from the dissemination of the 11.11 launch and press release as well as lifestyle PR pitching efforts, reaching more than 46.8 million people.
- Mutant secured 14 pieces of coverage, including four interviews with Tier-1 media such as The Straits Times, Lianhe Zaobao, and CNA938 from the dissemination of the 12.12 launch and press release, as well as lifestyle pitching efforts, reaching more than 8.57 million.
- Peering Into Our Future (PIOF), a campaign aimed at making ocean conservation personal, saw our specialist PR, content, social, and brand teams rally together and turn our first-ever corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative into a brilliant integrated campaign to drive real change.
- Storytelling was a key aspect of the campaign, so our agency pulled together five of Singapore’s best writers – Amanda Lee Koe, Joshua Ip, Pooja Nansi, Suffian Hakim and Neo Xiaoyun – to pen short stories imagining Singapore’s dystopian future and inspiring readers to take action.
- These stories were consolidated into an ebook titled, ‘Peering Into Our Future: A Series of Unfortunate Short Stories’ with illustrations by Mutant’s in-house designers.
- A website, logos, illustrations, animated trailers with voice overs, social pages, a launch event, and newsletters were created to amplify the stories and produce additional content to assist with impactful publicity.
- Secured a total of 28 pieces of coverage with a total reach of 10.3 million across mainstream, lifestyle, marketing, and parenting media - ST, Yahoo, CNA, Augustman, TimeOut, OGS, and many more consumer touchpoints!
- Partnered with local NGOs to be a part of Waves of Change Festival 2022 at the Artscience Museum, where we had a reading nook which attracted 11,000 visitors.
- The dedicated PIOF Facebook Page and Instagram account achieved 3,000% follower growth, close to half a million impressions in just two months, and reached close to 400,00 people across five months. We worked with organic influencers such as Paul Foster, Ashbolita, and more to create inspiring content alongside paid influencers such as Cheryl Tay. Additionally, almost 30 pieces of interactive content were created by the in-house social media team.
- We saw hundreds of ebook downloads and interest in physical books, which will be printed with proceeds going back to ocean conservation efforts. NLB has also taken interest in stocking the PIOF book in select libraries islandwide.
- Through the success of the campaign, we had prospects such as DBS, Conservation International, and more reach out to have Mutant do integrated campaigns for them. We also had the Singapore government show interest in showcasing PIOF at the Singapore Pavilion of the United Nations COP 27 exhibition.